Prenatal Yoga teacher Lindsay McCoy gets a lot of requests for what she calls her “Breathe” playlist. So many, in fact, that we decided to make the list available to all mamas out there! From Lindsay:
I’ve had many emails from mamas wanting to add songs from this playlist to their birthing playlists. Whenever I try to play something else, someone requests “that mix with all the songs about breathing.” So here it is!
I made it shortly after giving birth to my third child and during an intense period of my life when my baby was battling some medical issues. Knowing that I needed to take it one breath at a time and also knowing how important the breath is for bringing us into the present moment, which is exactly where we must go during birthing (and motherhood!). Riding the wave of our breath and our birthing waves. One at a time. -Lindsay
- Never Think ~Rob Pattinson (Yes, it’s from Twilight, I’ve been exposed!)
- Keep Breathing ~Ingrid Michaelson
- Breathe ~Alexi Murdoch
- Breathe (2 am) ~Anna Nalick
- Sweet & Low ~Augustana
- Ho Hey ~Lumineers
- Breathe In Breathe Out ~Mat Kearney
- Song for You ~Jenny & Tyler
- Breathe Me ~Sia
- Timeless ~Kate Havnevik
- You Were Born ~Cloud Cult
- Long Time Sun ~Girish, C.C. White, Jon Gilutin & Greg Leisz
- Ma ~Guru Ganesha Singh (Thank you Jesse Bennet for introducing me to this lovely Savasana song!)
- This Little Light of Mine ~Elizabeth Mitchell
- Heart Sutra ~Wah!
Lindsay teaches prenatal yoga Sundays, 4:45 p.m. at Blooma Minneapolis. She’s also a Hypnobabies childbirth educator, birth doula and mama to three beautiful kiddos. Check out one of her Sunday classes and enjoy her Breathe playlist for yourself!
Alisa, Sarah & the women of Blooma