Today we’d like to introduce a face many of you will recognize — Corrine Miller (known as Corrine Gernes until very recently!).
She teaches three different types of yoga classes: Prenatal, Bring Your Own Baby (BYOB) and Yoga Cardio Strength. Depending on your phase of life, you can try them all. There’s just so much to love about Corrine and her many talents!
Now, from Corrine:
1) Tell us something surprising about you:
• I was married in February to a man I have known since I was 18…but we didn’t fall in love until we had both seen a bit of the world and re-met when we were 30.
• I am very passionate about educating young women and empowering them… I have been working on a book for young adults for almost a year, and am just about done with the first draft.
2) What drew you to working at Blooma: My background is in education- specifically education of children and families. I taught preschool, kindergarten and first grade for 10 years. I love teaching and have always wanted to be a teacher (I wrote a paper about it in the 3rd grade).
I found out about Blooma shortly after getting my yoga teacher certification and just fell in LOVE! It was such a great match with my background in education and passion for supporting women and families. I started subbing, then teaching Prenatal, then BYOB, and recently added Yoga Cardio Strength classes because I just fall in love with the women that I meet and was always sad to see them ‘graduate’ from the other classes!
I have learned SO much from the women that I have met at Blooma and continue to be inspired, humbled, and awed by this amazing community.
Every class I teach I have the same goal: All women leave class feeling a little stronger, a little lighter of heart, and a whole lot of support for whatever stage of life they are in.
3) Day/times of Corrine’s classes:
- Monday: (Edina) Prenatal 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: (Edina) Prenatal 9:30 a.m., BYOB 11 a.m., Yoga Cardio 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: (St. Paul) Prenatal 9:30 a.m. & BYOB 11 a.m.
- Sunday: (St. Paul) Yoga Cardio 10 a.m., Prenatal 11:15 a.m. (every-other week prenatal)
Alisa, Sarah & the women of Blooma